Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Slow For Me, My Island"

(lyrics from the new album of my latest love, Dappled Cities)

Hopefully my island will be the one I wanted it to be

Built around virgin milestones to be the one I wanted it to be


Sounds that I have learnt


Sounds that I recall but I've never heard


Write for me my biography


To tell the things I never got to be


Simple things like Islands

Simple things like feeling safe with me


While most of this was silent o

Most of it was slow for me

Building up my island saves me from idle mistakes

Being gay for celebration saves me from this disappearing trace

And I used to wake up and be disappointed


That all the things I wanted to be
were slow for me and my island

But stay true in your bandaged way



Tonight my friend and i treated ourselves to a wonderful dinner, just because, and had some needed face time. the conversation was flowing...a little of me, a little of her... some past tense, some future tense....we talked about the new Dappled Cities album and what the songs meant to us in our present tense... for dessert we shared the best banana cream pie with a brownie crust this side of the mississippi..i am full, happy, and tired....tonight i am very content with ALL OF IT. thanks for your love and support Badger...

ps..one of the lines we discussed was a part that says "measure my distance from the sun, and times it by your distance from the sun." Now Badger if you read this, which im sure you will, the name of the song is The Answer is Zero.... does it mean then that the distance may seem far away but its not? think of how our past, present, and future tense all relate to one another... they seem so far away, but really the distance is nothing at all.... its Zero.