Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Sundays dont suck like they used to"

.....and now i almost love them. today was a particularly good one. had a great nights sleep and woke up early to work the farmers market where i was slanging gourmet mac and cheese like a profesh. granted, it was hot as balls and i was wearing jeans...but the afternoon dip in a pool in the hollywood hills and a heineken did the trick.. talked to my mom for about an hour... she is such an amazing woman and i admire her more and more each day. miss the shit out of her. i cried for a second at the office on friday because i was so fucking busy had so much to do and didnt want to fuck up...plus im a baby sometimes..but friday NIGHT made me forget all my troubles..

i went with an old friend to santa barbara for the night to celebrate the birthday of mr heth. good times, great oldies. and also a grand reminder of why i dont drink red bull and vodkas. example: sometime during the 5am dance party someone bit my arm and now i have a huge teeth mark on my bicep. it's still up for debate what caused the urge to bite. (was it the meth in the red bull that was served or are my awesome muscles really that irresistible?) what do they put it that shit i mean REALLY? anyway, it was just a beautiful drive on the way home.. and i appreciated every SECOND of the coast and the breeze and the music that was playing and the light and flowing thoughts that were in my head. my driving partner (in crime) gave me a bunch of new music. ill share a song that i enjoy..you might too.









Saturday was way mellow..Sly and Robbie played the sunset junction and i went up there to watch them with T. i tell ya, nothing makes me happier than swaying out to some good ole dub reggae. today in fact when i was driving (and surprise! sitting in traffic) i watched this old couple walk past the "jah lions and lambs" shop by my house...and i mean old like they had white hair and hunched over bodies old....the smooth and chucking reggae that was pulsing from the open doors proved too tempting to this couple as they grabbed each others hands, free as can be, and danced right there on the sidewalk with lovely smiles on their faces. it made me smile too.

it just my personal opinion that if friday entails red bull, biting, and dance parties, its only just and right that sunday should somehow involve mac and cheese, talking to mom, and listening to reggae...xo