Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Girl From the North Country"

"Please see for me if her hair hangs long,
if it rolls and flows all down her breast.
Please see for me if her hair hangs long,
that's the way I remember her best."





and now im tired and a tad tipsy and wont let myself go to sleep. got some music on.. drinkin vino..cleaning my room. kinda reminds me of when i was in high school and i would listen to bob dylan and fold my sweaters and paint on my wall and write in my journal and wonder what the fuck i was doing with myself. mostly i enjoyed that feeling because i thought i was on the brink of something huge.. i had no concept of consequence..hurt, yes..conseQUENCE, no..not yet.



but tonight.... im a little older.. and maybe not much wiser... but i still love the solitude of my bedroom.. and the space.. and the satisfaction of adding a new piece of something lovely to look at on my wall. or rediscover a song that speaks to me... im wearing a tank top and have the space heater on..contemplating getting a pack of smokes. i put on red lipstick just for fun. im listening to my morning jacket. an album of theirs that i have had for years but never gave a fair shot.


tomorrow: going running, getting food for thanksgiving, maybe some laundry if im feeling fancy....ill make a pumpkin cheesecake.... probably contemplate my life again and probably send out a drunk dial that i cant help myself from sending. damn you drunk dials and texts. you always get the best of me.