Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"...I'm still an Animal"

YES! Today is good.




Not only am i grateful for the love and support and company of my friends but i am thankful for my job and the opportunities and lessons (and paychecks) it is giving me.
I really feel like I'm hitting some sort of stride here...
Additionally, now that the anticipation of certain events has come to pass... to my surprise! I am ok!... In fact I'm better than ok..... (Now I dont want to be premature in this assessment....but.... I really think it's safe to say!) I'm over it.



In your eyes I see the eyes of somebody i knew before long long long ago
But I'm still trying to make my mind up
Am I free or am I tied up

I change shapes just to hide in this place
but I'm still, I'm still an animal
Nobody knows it but me when i slip yeah i slip I'm still an animal

In your eyes I see the eyes of somebody of who could be strong
Tell me if I'm wrong

And now I'm pulling your disguise up

Are you free or are you tied up



i'm lovin this song right now as i can see parts of myself in these lyrics....as someone who goes back and forth between where they are and who they are.... who reflects on what they once wanted and what they may want now.... how they may change from time to time but ultimately can't help but be who they are and feel what they feel...when they make mistakes or fuck up they are forced to be honest......
It reminds me that although at times it may seem like things are stagnant or slow or stifling, what ultimately ties you down is none other than yourself.


Here.. have yourself a little listen...